About Quartz Surfaces
Incredibly abundant and durable, quartz is a naturally hard and scratch-resistant stone. Because quartz is a heavy material—approximately 17 lbs. per sq. ft.—it is an extremely strong and a highly popular choice for countertops. The manufacturing process for quartz surfaces creates a product that doesn’t crack and resists moisture and bacteria. Although quartz is a natural stone product, manufacturers add pigments to raw quartz, creating an endless array of colors. The results help to ensure that the stone on your counters has the same color and textures as the material you chose from the manufacturer’s display. Because quartz is a heavy stone, if you select it, you should rely on an experienced professional to fabricate and install your counters, to eliminate breakage and waste.
With Cambria®, you’ll discover the warmth and richness that can only be found in natural quartz surfaces. Cambria® helps to marry elegance and beauty with functionality and lasting durability. With a palette of dazzling colors showcasing the depth and character of natural quartz, you’ll see why more and more homeowners ask for Cambria® by name. If you're considering granite or other stone surfaces for your kitchen or bath, take a closer look at the benefits Cambria® offers.
- Strength & Durability- numerous laboratory tests have proven that Cambria® natural quartz surfaces are twice as strong as granite.
- Maintenance Free - No sealing, polishing or reconditioning is necessary with Cambria®; simply wash the surface with warm water. Plus, unlike granite, Cambria® will resist stains from fruit juices, food coloring, coffee, tea, wine, grape juice, nail polish and felt tip markers.
- Food Safe - Unlike granite, Cambria® has been certified by NSF International for use as a food preparation surface. Because Cambria® is totally non-porous, it makes cleanups easy and prevents food and moisture from penetrating its surface—the main source of harmful bacteria growth.
- All Natural - Cambria® is created from pure natural quartz, an extremely hard stone crystal mined directly from the earth. In fact, quartz is the hardest non-precious stone that can be found in the earth's surface.
Click here to view colors.
HanStone™ is an innovative new product that combines natural quartz, one of nature's hardest materials, with high quality polymer resin and pigment to produce a durable yet luxurious stone surface. HanStone sources various types, sizes and colors of quartz crystals from around the world, which provide the desired hue, feel and design, and capture the spirit and essence of natural colors. Unlike granite and many other surfaces, HanStone is non-porous and requires no sealing. In addition to being even more durable than granite, HanStone is also stain-resistant, heat-resistant and easy to maintain. It has also been tested and certified by the National Sanitation for Food Safety and Food Contact under the NSF 51 Certification, and is backed by a 10-year warranty. All of these qualities have made HanStone a premier choice among builders around the world. For homeowners, it's an ideal surface for kitchen countertops, bathroom vanities, bar tops and other surfaces. It's also perfect for high-traffic areas such as offices, banks, hotels and restaurants, where applications can also include walls, reception areas, serving areas, table tops, and much more. If you're looking for a surface that is safe for food preparation and easy to maintain, yet will maintain its luster and natural beauty, you'll find HanStone Fine Quartz Surfaces to be the perfect choice!
- HanStone™ Quartz Surface is tested and certified by NSF International, to Standard 51 Food Equipment Materials, for Food Zone and Splash Zone. There truly is no better or safer surface in your kitchen or bathroom than HanStone.
- HanStone's™ lustrous surface maintains a permanent sheen so you never have to seal, condition, or polish.
- HanStone's™ lustrous sheen offers a level of resistance to scratching, chipping or cracking that few other surfaces can match.
- HanStone's™ non-porous surface helps keep kitchens and bathrooms sanitary and clean.
Click here to view colors.
DuPont™ Zodiaq® is 93% pure quartz crystal, which gives this surface a natural depth and radiance without the imperfections common in unimproved stone. And because quartz is one of nature’s strongest materials, Zodiaq® is also incredibly durable and resists both heat and scratches. Custom-fit to your exact specifications and virtually maintenance free—Zodiaq® is perfect for your home, naturally.
- Zodiaq® is composed mostly of quartz, giving it exceptional toughness and a hardness of 7 on a scale of 10 (only diamonds rate a 10).
- The smooth, nonporous surface of Zodiaq® resists even the toughest stains and will retain its luster for many years without the need for sealants or waxes.
- Zodiaq® comes in beautiful, uniform colors that go beyond the palette of unimproved stone. And there are no cracks or irregularities.
- Zodiaq® can be cut and fit to meet exacting requirements, allowing you a wide range of design options.
Click here to view colors.
Other quartz surfaces are also available at Connecticut Soapstone. Please inquire.